SAVE THE DATES for Upcoming Events:
For more info, see our Event Calendar below.
- December 14th - Holiday Luncheon @ Zem Zem Shrine Banquet Center
- January 5 - DNA SIG: An Introduction to Chromosome Mapping
- February 14th - Member Meeting: Erie Library’s Heritage Room Holdings
- February 16th - DNA SIG: A Case Study
- March 14th - Annual Member Meeting
- March 30th - DNA SIG: Topic to be determined
- April 11th - Member meeting
- May 9th - Member Meeting: Maritime Museum Speaker
- June 13th - Member meeting
- July 11th - Member meeting
- August 7th-11th, 2023 - SAVE THE DATES, Join us for our Genealogy Road Trip to Erie Week!
We will begin on Monday, August 7th with an exclusive event for members at the Erie Co. Historical Society's Hagen History Center museum campus. On Tuesday, we will host our annual picnic at Erie's Presque Isle State Park! Wednesday will include guided tours of the Erie courthouse, Heritage room at the Erie library, and possible other areas of interest. Thursday and Friday can be used for individual research help.
Welcome! If you have not yet joined The Erie Society for Genealogical Research (ESGR), we'd like to tell you about some of the benefits of membership in our society. We hope you'll agree that joining ESGR is a great idea. When you are a member of ESGR, you become part of a community of shared interest in the history and families of Erie County, Pennsylvania and the nearby area. Our members range from beginners to people with many years of genealogy research experience.
Members enjoy many benefits:
- Access to the Members-Only section of our website;
- Receive the Keystone Kuzzins, our quarterly newsletter;
- Hear knowledgeable speakers with expertise in a broad ranges of areas, including research tips and trends and presentations related to the rich history of Erie County, Pennsylvania and the nearby area; and
- Volunteer on initiatives to nurture and foster an interest in genealogical research and education, and projects to preserve and perpetuate the genealogical and historical heritage of Erie County and the surrounding area.
- Join in on social events, including summer picnics and holiday gatherings.
To renew, you can now pay your dues online. Click on the small bell on the upper right corner of this homepage for payment options. Please note that you must already be a member of ESGR, and be registered on this website, to use this feature.
To join, please go to the "Join ESGR" link at the left; fill out a membership application and mail with your check. Once received, we will register you on our website and you will then receive all ESGR member communications.